People who are working from home have many benefits. They can work as per their preferred timings, they can be with their family most of the time, they can take breaks whenever they want, they do not have to worry what they would do if they fell sick or simply felt too tired and so on. But, while there are many advantages of working from home, there are also some pitfalls. It is possible that you start taking things lightly and find later on that your productivity is hampered, or you may get distracted easily by the people around you at home. Since, you are responsible to yourself when you are working from home, this should not happen. You need to monitor yourself. Here are some tips that can help you.
1. Set daily goals for yourself. There will be a main goal you are trying to focus on, but, all the same, you should try to have mini goals along the way as well. Sit down and think what you will try to achieve today. This is your goal for the day. It helps you keep focus. It helps you keep going. However, of course, you have to try your best not to deviate from it… you have to achieve what you have set for yourself for the day.
2. Work according to a schedule. You might find this difficult at first, but slowly it becomes a habit. When you get up each morning, plan your day. Think what you will accomplish by midmorning, by noon and by dusk. Make sure to keep some ‘me-time’ and some ‘family-time’ as well. You need them to keep going.
3. Analyze your peak time. Everyone has a peak time somewhere during the day where they can do work that is more productive. For some people, this time in the early morning; for others it is the afternoon. Some other people feel more rejuvenated to work in the evening. Everyone has their peak times that they need to work according to, if they want to be more productive. See where your peak time lies.
4. Eliminate the distractions. Try allocating a work area for yourself within the home, and let everyone else know this is your ‘office’. When you are working in your home office, ensure that you only work and do not waste time doing nonproductive things on your computer. Having a special work area in your home helps you to achieve that.
5. I find having some light music, a nice candle going and a nice drink by my side helps me to relax but also to get me in the zone of my work and always have your schedule or planner in front of you to tick off all the things you do complete and also to add any new tasks you may find you need to do whether that’s today or for tomorrow or a few days ahead, when you know it needs to be done make sure to pencil it in right away for the correct time. And most importantly enjoy yourself, working from home and working towards your goals is an amazing thing.
These are some tips that can help you become more productive when working from home. Implement them and see a more successful ‘work-at-home’ life.
oh and dont forget to give yourself permission to have it all, stand out, be badass and live your dreams fearlessly.