Think about your life today. Is it where you want it to be? Think in terms of your relationships, your habits, your finances, your spiritual wellbeing, your work. All these things impact on the person you see yourself as being and the direction your life path is taking.
Remember, if you don’t take control of your life, someone or something else will take control of it for you. As children we were often asked the question “what do you want to be when you grow up,” teens dream about their perfect relationship and young adults plan their next overseas holidays. Many people take a course because it looks interesting, or make resolutions at the beginning of each New Year and wonder why they find it difficult to complete the course or to stick to the resolutions.
As adults, we need to recapture that desire to recapture that ability to ask ourselves questions about our life, and dream about creating the best relationships and plan for those special trips and moments in our life. Why not take a life inventory and write down every area of your life that is important to you. Research the internet or speak to people who are right now how you want to be for opportunities to develop new skills or new knowledge in those areas you want to grow in. Ask yourself these questions…
1. What are my goals and dreams?
2. How do my goals and dreams fit into the circumstances of my life at this moment?
3. What areas do I need training in to achieve my goals?
4. Who will be the best source of advice to take control of areas that are out of control now?
5. Where can I find resources to help me achieve my goals and if I can’t find any myself?
6. Where can I go to find the information I need in order to start my progress towards achieving them?
7. What things in my life need to change so I have time to achieve my goals?
8. What attitudes in my life need to change so I have the intention to achieve my goals?
9. With whom can I share these goals with so that I have someone to be my cheerleader as I embrace my goals?
Each of these questions helps you to prepare insights into yourself and your ambitions and goals and to create practical ways to work towards achieving them and embracing the life you want for yourself and your family.
Oh and don’t forget to give yourself permission to have it all, stand out, be badass and live your dreams fearlessly.